jeudi 27 octobre 2016

Woman Buys Lottery Ticket To Prove It’s A Waste Of Money, Wins $1M

A woman looking for tell her husband “I told you so” amid a disagreement over whether or not lotteries are a waste of money was denied that moment recently — but she’s probably fine with it, considering she won $1 million in her effort to prove her point.

The North Carolina woman says she bought a scratch-off ticket last weekend to teach her husband a lesson, the state lottery reported (h/t Washington Post). He’d asked her to buy two Powerball tickets, but she came home with a $10 Carolina Millions scratch-off ticket instead.

“I was going to be ugly and buy a scratch off to show him they didn’t hit,” she admitted. “Sometimes I get aggravated with him, so I tell him, ‘You’re just wasting your money.'”

Cut to this week and a trip to lottery headquarters in Raleigh, and she’s $415,503 richer (her winnings after taxes) after opting for the lump sum instead of yearly payments of $50,000.

“I had to eat my words, but they were worth eating,” she said. “So, I was very happy.”

The couple is planning to buy their own home and land with the winnings, as well as helping their daughter and granddaughters pay for college.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire